I finally made one for what I do every album. This will help me. I’m sure I forgot something, will add that when I remember, as I’m doing the next album release.
And everyone of these are actually several, or many many, steps.
Posting to website so I won’t lose it. lol.
WHEN ALL SONGS DONE:
- Sequence songs.
- Do many single-file album outputs getting levels right between songs.
- Replace any songs with issues.
- Do single-file album output, checking levels are right.
- Needle drops on single file
- Analysis on left vs. right volumes, adjust tiny bit if needed, then recheck.
- Raise and lower by tiny bit any songs and sections too quiet or too loud
- Listen to entire file.
- Work on lyric sheet while listening. Include notes and microtonal scales, and notes about making of songs, if there is a story.
- Make any needed adjustments.
- Release single file on website, with in-process lyric sheet). (with notice that single-song player, single MP3s, and Torrent FLAC are coming soon)
- Make versions of cover art in these sizes (all square, in pixels): 1700 (JPG), 900 (JPG), 350 (JPG), 220 (JPG), 140 (PNG).
- add the 140 png and link to front cover below banner link also added.
- Release single file on Feens site.
- Send Phil lyric sheet to proof.
- Announce release online.
- Work on single-song player. Release and announce.
- Work single MP3s and FLAC lossless Torrent. Announce and have Sean D. Announce. Cross link on first release on website.
- Get lyric notes back from Phil, make final PDF, upload replacing other one.
- Re-link on all pages needed on website: main page, add links on album page, aux player page. add lyrics to lyric page, etc.
- Promote all everywhere on Facebeast (all groups I admin) and Tweeter daily online for a week.
- Put new songs on streaming feed.
- Change numbering of album on website (front page)
- add link to “If trouble with players, try this” page.
- Do Bandcamp release: Upload WAVs of every song. Enter info for every song.
- Do DistroKid release: Upload WAVs of every song. Enter info for every song.
- Once on Spotify from DistroKid, make Spotify playlist. Share on Twitter, Facebook (all groups, tag Link), and put on player pages on website.
- Once on Spotify also add the microtonal songs to Bugs’ microtonal playlist.
- Change Google Ads to point to new album.
- Black up all files, onsite and off, and clear Reaper folder for next album.
- Link on Synth groups on Facebeef where I’m a member.
- Make t-shirts and put them up on Amazon.
- Link t-shirts on site, and post on Facebook and Twitter.