I finally made a checklist for what I do to release each album. This will help me.
FYI, every one of these steps are actually several, or many, steps.
Posting to website so I won’t lose it. lol.
WHEN ALL SONGS DONE:
- Sequence songs.
- Do many single-file album outputs getting levels right between songs.
- Replace any songs with issues.
- Do single-file album output, checking levels are right.
- Needle drops on single file
- Analysis on left vs. right volumes, adjust tiny bit if needed, then recheck.
- Raise and lower by tiny bit any songs and sections too quiet or too loud
- Listen to entire file.
- Work on lyric sheet while listening. Include notes and microtonal scales, and notes about making of songs, if there is a story.
- Make any needed adjustments.
- Replace curly quotes with straight in Lyric sheet
- Make versions of cover art in these sizes, in JPGs (all square, in pixels): 1700, 450, 350, 220.
- Release single file on Feens site.
- Announce release online.
- Work on BANDCAMP and make Bandcamp player for front page of website plus for album page. Release and announce.
- Make FLAC lossless Torrent. Announce on Archive.org & LegitTorrents. Cross link on first release on website. Link torrents on player page.
- add links on album page
- add lyrics to lyric page
- Clear cache on pages as I go
- Promote all everywhere on Facebeast (all groups I admin) and Tweeter daily online for a week.
- Post BandCamp to Patreon
- Delete Dead-drop scheduled post on BipTunia site and Feens site (update to 50 years from now)
- Do DistroKid release: Upload WAVs of every song. Enter info for every song.
- Add Bandcamp / Spotify, etc to player page.
- Update BandCamp, Spotify, links on page “BipTunia on BandCamp, Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, Google Music, etc.”
- Once on Spotify from DistroKid, Share on Twitter, Facebook (all groups, tag Link), and put on player pages on website.
- Once on Spotify also add the microtonal songs to Bugs’ microtonal playlist.
- Back up all files, onsite and off, and clear Reaper folder for next album.
- Copy backup also to external drive (Z)
- Link on Synth groups on Facebeef where I’m a member.
- Set up ID3 tags on MP3 encoder to reflect name of next record.
- Put new songs on streaming feed.